Today's Special!

TODAY'S SPECIAL ~ Crazy with a shot of More Crazy

Friday

We need a revolution...

I've been thinking back to my own childhood and comparing it to what happens nowadays. I'm not saying what was done then was always the right way to go but I also don't remember moms being absolute stress cases. In the examples below of Then vs Now, I think we may need to chill out a little.

THEN - Your mom would leave you in a running, unlocked car while she ran into the store...the grocery store, with a list.
NOW - Let me know when you get custody back of your child for leaving them in a locked car, windows cracked with the alarm set as they watch Backyardigans just so you can scurry to pick up the take out.

THEN - Your child was just a brat
NOW - They have ADD, ADHD, Chemical Sensitivity, Sensory Processing Disorder and the whole family needs to see a therapist

THEN - You attended your parents bowling league night and hung out at the arcade while your mom and pops threw back a couple tall ones.
NOW - You spend $50.00 on a babysitter in addition to the $50.00 you spend on booze

THEN - Hamburger Helper, Macaroni & Cheese, Spaghettios with or without meatballs/hot dog chunks were all healthy, acceptable meals
NOW - You have to grow seaweed in your backyard with compost soil and meat, if consumed at all, should only be a free-range organic turkey that you've adopted through Farm Sanctuary

THEN - Moms drank to take the edge off
NOW - You still drink and also talk to a psychiatrist about your feelings and get prescribed xanex/ambien/anti-depressants and/or do time at a mental spa...

However, in my case, I just blog about it while drinking :)

Fondly ~ SumSum

1 comment:

  1. This is all so true!!!! It's sad actually. Don & I enjoyed a nice night out last weekend with some friends who happened to be in our neck of the woods. On our way back home we calculated that it cost $100. for the 3 hours of being out. Wow! Granted, I'm a "you only live once." kind of person so I don't get too riled up. It's also so sad that our children are becoming heavily medicated when they don't need too be. Ugh....mommy weekend getaway? :)

    ReplyDelete